Monday, June 7, 2010

Walk The World: My First 5K Run


My kumpareng Sep invited me last week to join kumareng Rochelle & their friend Tin to run in Walk The World :Isang Hakbang Pilipinas 2010 since I recently added jogging/ running to my growing list of hobbies. I'm trying hard to have a healthier lifestyle so I obliged. Besides, it was for a very worthy cause. Proceeds go to the World Food Program that would help feed the hungry children affected in war-torn Mindanao.

Another kumpare (Archie) joined us for the 5k run on race day (June 06). A lot of people turned out at the event. Even a light drizzle didn't stop people from coming in. I still ran on my own pace and did the walk-jog combinations, hoping to finish it. I'm pretty much satisfied with my 40-minute performance since I don't really care much about the time, all I'm after is to finish every race I join.

No comments:

Post a Comment