Thursday, January 14, 2010

Trying Out "Eat Right 4 Your Type"


I attended the wake of a relative last week and there I had a conversation with an uncle & some relatives.The topic incidentally touched on health and with me having weight and diet issues (yes I do),I joined in.

He recommended that I read a book (I assume it was also referred to him) about food and beverage listings that are good for you depending on your blood type - I'm going on a diet??!! That's the idea but the thing is - eating "compatible" food for your type. It's "Eat Right 4 your Type" (or something like that) and authored by Dr.Peter J. D'Adamo.

The next day I found myself scouring the bookstore & purchasing the book.First thing I did when I got back was to read all things I should avoid and was shell shocked - I SHOULD AVOID ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT I LOVE TO EAT. Some items listed include ham,
bacon (anything pork), squid,cauliflowers,potatoes, cheeses,corn/canola/coconut oil, ketchup,coffee,cow's milk,wheat products, melons, etc. I mean c'mon,who doesn't love these stuff?? Even ketchup??!! Damn. But then again, I bought & read the book ,was written by a doctor (not sure though what type)and it reached the shelves of the country's most famous bookstore so might as well try it even for a month.I sure do hope that I can even last a month. Good luck to me, wheee! Ha ha ha....sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment