Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Stressed-Out September


Again after weeks of inactivity , I was finally able to get back and write an entry in my blog. Balancing job with graduate school studies ain't no easy task after all. 1st Semester's over and I just need to pass some other pending requirements then I'll be enrolling for another sem. (What did I get myself into??!! Joke!)

Another stress factor was the fact that typhoon "Ondoy" (international name "Ketsana") hit the Philippine Metro last weekend sending massive flash floods in low lying areas, devastating anything in its path. Add to that the fact that some dams released water to avoid damage to the structure. The really heavy downpour made water levels rise quickly and caught everyone by surprise. In just about 6 hours of non-stop raining, people are already sending out rescue messages as they had to be taken from their rooftops to avoid getting swept by the strong currents.

I myself was stranded in the office due to heavy rains, massive traffic jams and chest-deep flooded streets. My office buds also spent the night there due to the danger posed by the typhoon. Good thing we had internet ,we were able to get breaking news & monitor the situation. Soon , pictures and videos were circulating emails and websites. The picture above is just a glimpse of what happened.(Thanks and credit goes to the owner of the pic) For video clips and updates, go to www.abs-cbnnews.com or www.gmanews.tv . You can also get details on how to pledge donations for victims on those sites or www.redcross.org.ph .

No comments:

Post a Comment